These turnovers are really quite delicate; and because there is only one bite-sized piece of chocolate in them they’re not over poweringly CHOCOLATELY… the light sifting of sugar or cocoa on the top nicely rounds everything out
- 1 package puff pastry
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 20 pieces chocolate – bite sized (any kind you like – Rolos would be great)
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to form a 12-inch square (it should be approximately 1/16″ thick). Brush away excess flour.
- Cut pastry into 3″ squares and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Pour milk or cream into a small bowl and brush two adjacent edges of each square with it. Place a piece of chocolate just below the centre of each square and fold down the unwashed corners to enclose the chocolate (forms a triangle). Gently but firmly press down to seal.
- Freeze for 20 minutes (or until chilled) and then brush with remaining milk wash. Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely. While covering one half of turnover, sift icing sugar and or cocoa powder over other half. Serve.