This cake makes me feel as though it is still somehow summer. I stood at the window with the light streaming into my kitchen and the smell of rich blueberries and cinnamon tempting my senses. And it’s delicious. Trust me.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed Demarerra (dark brown) sugar
- ½ cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (not defrosted) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Butter and flour a 9″ springform pan and set aside.
- Whisk together butter, brown sugar, yogurt, and egg in a bowl until combined well. Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a separate large bowl. Add yogurt mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries gently (do not overmix).
- Pour batter into pan and bake in the middle of the oven until it starts to pull away from the sides and a wooden pick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
Based on a recipe from Gourmet Magazine