This recipe is simple but perfect. If you are craving chocolate (or just need a pick-me-up), whip these up and eat them right from the pan. Or cut them up and share them with someone you love…if you can keep yourself from eating the entire pan yourself!
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup unsalted butter1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- ½ cup all purpose flour1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 325C. Melt chocolate in double boiler – set aside to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar in stand-up mixer. Add salt and eggs and beat well after each addition. Blend in vanilla and espresso powder and then flour (do not over-mix!). Stir in melted, cooled chocolate and chocolate chips or chunks.
- Pour into parchment-lined, greased 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan and bake for around 30 – 35 minutes, until top becomes slightly lighter and cracked.