White chocolate blondies? Good. Vanilla cheesecake? Good. Put them together? Wow. Gooooooooooood.
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces (plus more for pan)
- 6 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, well softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Butter and line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment and set aside
- Over a pot of simmering water start to melt butter. Add white chocolate and stir until melted. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip eggs until creamy. Add sugar and vanilla and continue to whip until pale and thick. Reduce speed to medium and add cooled, melted white chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt and stir into egg mixture, by hand. Set aside.
- Whisk together cheesecake batter ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Dollop into pan alon with brownie batter, then swirl together with a knife or spatula.
- Bake until edges are slightly puffed and center is just set, about 40 – 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
A Domestic Goddess Original