This resplendently pretty-in-pink salad is both beautiful and delicious – and it’s so easy to make you can whip it up in minutes. Just be certain to use the saltiest of feta cheeses or it won’t be enough of a contrary taste to the sticky sweet melon.
- ¼ seedless watermelon, diced (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup salty feta cheese, broken into teaspoon-sized lumps
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- excellent quality extra virgin olive oil – to drizzle on top
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss watermelon, feta and half of parsley on a platter or in a wide fairly flat serving bowl. Top with remaining parsley, oil and salt and pepper. Serve on watermelon “plates” or eat with your fingers, right from the serving dish.
Do NOT serve this salad at room temperature. The feta goes soggy, the watermelon goes a horrible texture and everything tastes quite bland. I know that you are not supposed to be able to taste things that are cold but this salad does not taste good warm. Serve cool… trust me.
Based on both Christine Cushing and Nigella Lawson’s recipes