These Holiday treats are only available in November and December at Starbucks, but now I can make them all year round. A delicious treat for Christmas I think they would also be perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or even a Canada Day party.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 ¼ cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon fresh, grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup minced dried cranberries
- 6 ounces white chocolate, cut into chunks
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup minced dried cranberries
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons softened butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, ginger, and salt and beat well.
- Gradually mix in flour until smooth.
- Add ¾ cup minced dried cranberries and 6 ounces chopped white chocolate into the batter and mix by hand.
- Pour batter into a well-greased 9 x 13″ baking pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake is light brown on the top. Allow to cool.
- Make the frosting: combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread frosting over top of cooled of cake and sprinkle top with diced cranberries.
- Make icing: with a fork, mix together powdered sugar, milk, and butter. Using a pastry bag or plastic bag with a fine tip cut at the end, drizzle icing over cranberries in a sweeping or zig-zag motion.
- Refrigerate for several hours, then slice the cake into small triangles.
Based on a Todd Wilbur “Top Secret” recipe.