These chips are so simple to make and so delicious as a snack or pre-dinner bite. They would be good with just about any kind of dip; caramelized onion, articoke and cheese, yogurt and curry…I could go on…
- 1 or 2 sweet potatoes (depending on size)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup sour creme (light or regular)
- wasabi powder
- ¼ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Heat oil in shallow pan until hot. Slice sweet potato(es) thinly with sharp knife or mandolin.
- Shallow fry potato slices in batches, removing each batch to drain on paper towel and sprinking with salt and pepper immediately. Allow chips to cool or keep warm on cookie tray in oven.
- Mix sour cream in bowl with lemon zest. Add wasabi to taste (should leave you with a slight “zing” that disappears quickly).
- Serve chips with wasabi sour cream or other dip.
A Domestic Goddess original recipe